Monday, August 25 was my 35th birthday. Erik commented that "you're halfway to 40." Actually, it's more like halfway to 70! To me, 35 is a minor landmark; I'm not longer "young" but certainly not old. And, I'm old enough to be President of the United States.
It was a nice birthday. The big celebration was Sunday party that was also a fundraiser for my campaign for the Colorado State House of Representatives. We had a good time with good food and good friends. Thanks are due to my parents for allowing me to use their beautiful backyard and flagstone patio for the event.
I wanted to share this picture of the beautiful bouquet Erik brought home for me on Monday. It is the most exquisite bunch of Stargazer Lillies, which also happen to be my favorite flower. Grace also loved them. I think she will need to get a bouquet for her fifth birthday, which is coming up in less than two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment